PROFORM 385ex TREADMILL
Are you out to maintain a healthy weight or burn a few calories? ProForm 705 CST treadmill got you covered! This version replaces the older proform 385ex treadmill, which has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Research shows that walking and jogging are, in the long run, healthier than running. Interestingly, incline walking helps you burn the same calories as running, without any risk of injuries. We give you a detailed ProForm 705 CST treadmill review to help you make an informed choice.
Pro 705 residential treadmill is ideal fitness equipment for walking and light jogging. This machine is among the budget proform brands that give you a great experience as you keep your body fit.
705 CST comes with a powerful 2.75 CHP motor with an auto cooling system to avoid overheating. The motor works on a higher power than the actual CHP inscribed and it’s smooth enough to keep the belt running steadily. If you got longer strides than usual, this treadmill fits you! Its belt has a great running area, measuring 60” long and 20” wide. The proShock cushioning ensures that your ankles, knees, and hips are not stressed beyond the recommended strain.
The incline feature is just perfect! Walking or jogging at an incline of 12% will give you enough reasons to feel relaxed within thirty minutes or so. Experts recommend adherence to walking programs for increased measures of endurance and better quality of life. ProForm 705 CST comes with 22 such inbuilt programs from expert personal trainers, which are just more than enough to keep you psyched up.
If you admire more adventurous walking trips, subscribe to the paid iFit programs. This app got hundreds of on-demand workout videos and numerous couches to help you hit the set goal. You can also virtually walk or jog along with a friend! Synched with Google maps, it allows you to different hiking and walking locations around the world. All these happen at the comfort of your ProForm 705 treadmill! While on iFit, you don’t have to adjust the inclines as they will automatically conform to your terrains of choice. You’ll only need to choose an appropriate speed from 0-12 mph.
When working out to attain a goal, a follow-up on stats then becomes vital. 705 CST treadmill has a good 5″ display that allows you to easily check on critical stats without distractions. It is possible to view the speed, calories burnt, time, mileage, and most importantly, the heart rate as you walk. The handles are fitted with dual handgrip heart-rate sensors that are easy to reach.
Though the ProForm 750 treadmill price ranges among the best budget fitness equipment, the quality is not compromised. You still get to listen to music or watch other videos on YouTube through iPod or tablet. The audio auxiliary port option culminated by dual 2” speakers got you covered on entertainment. Your notepad is safe on the high-quality onboard gadget holder.
Features at a glance
- 75 CHP Mach Z commercial motor
- 20″ by 60″ pro-shock cushioned tread belt
- Enabled with iFit in-home personal training experience
- Integrated tablet holder
- 0 to 12% inclines
- 22 onboard training programs
- 0 – 12 miles per hour quick digital speed
- EKG grip pulse sensor
- 5” backlit display
- Folding SpaceSaver design
- 325 lbs user capacity
- Overall dimensions 61” H x 35.5” W x 78.75” L
- Warranty on motor, frame, parts, and labor
What we liked
- Good performance. Most ProForm 705 CST treadmill reviews report this equipment among the great performers in walking and jogging. The performance is attributed to its high capacity motor, which has a 2.75 continuous horsepower. This power is more than enough for walking! It will allow you to upgrade your walking pace to as fast as you’d wish.
ProForm 705 treadmills also give you a vast practicing space. The running belt is of high quality and has a significant length of 60″. That should be long enough for any stride, including that of the tallest person on earth! Do not worry about any joints pain; this belt is well cushioned with robust shock-reducing material.
- Wide range programs. Pro 705 is a good treadmill when it comes to workout choices. From slow-paced flat walking through fast incline walking to jogging, you’ll have above twenty onboard programs to choose from. Customize your workout by increasing the speed up to 12 mph, more than you need to walk or jog. Additionally, an exercise on a slope is possible thanks to the 0-12% incline ability.
For more workout programs, 705 CST treadmills are iFit compatible through a Bluetooth smart enabled connection. IFit offers extensive workouts and a wide range of coaches to your taste. What’s more is that you don’t need to adjust anything on the console! The workout you choose will control the incline and speed automatically. Since ProForm 705 allow connections to Google maps, you can choose to walk or jog on various worldwide terrains.
- Perfect console. ProForm 705 CST folding treadmill is simply amazing among its price equals. The console is 20” wide with a 5” backlit stats display. It also comes with an integrated tablet holder slightly above the display for easy accessibility, control, and view. The handles are fitted with handgrip sensors used to collect the pulse rate while working out.
You won’t experience heat stress as the console is fitted with dual breeze fans to keep you cool. Its two speakers ensure that you enjoy music, video, audiobook, or any other preference entertainment to the fullest.
- Excellent weight accommodation and Reliable warranty. You don’t get many treadmills on such a budget accommodating any weight above 250lbs. ProForm 705 CST treadmill reviews have proved that it can accommodate 300lbs+ without affecting performance.
And in case you have any issues, don’t tremble! The treadmill has a reliable lifetime warranty on motor and frame, two years on parts, and one year on labor.
What we didn’t like
Proform 705 CST is a walker treadmill. It doesn’t fit people who wish to increase their walking pace way up to running. You’ll only purchase this model if the aim is to maintain a healthy body through walking and light jogging. But if you are out to run, then we recommend you check out for ProForm 905.
What’s the bottom line?
Proform 705 CST folding treadmill is perfect exercise equipment for walkers who wish to add to their pace. It would also be partially suitable for joggers, as long as they adhere to light exercises. The 705 CST features are way high for that price.
Though the ProForm 705 CST treadmill may seem quite basic in its features but don’t be fooled. It will provide all the essential challenges and monitoring needed to increase your fitness levels through walking and jogging.
Questions and Answers section
How to assemble a proform 705 CST treadmill
Assembling a ProForm 705 CST is an easy task, more so for an experienced person. It only requires between an hour and two to set it up for use. For an intermediate, it may take longer. The manual is very clear and easy to follow, but if you doubt your installation skills, seek assistance. You could contact a technician on 1-800-445-2480 for set up.
However, if you follow the manual keenly, it’s possible to install it without any difficulties. Some important points to note:
- A second person is needed, whether you’re a pro or an amateur.
- Ensure the assembly area is all clear. While unpacking, place all parts on the floor. Don’t discard the packaging yet.
- In case of oily parts, wipe them off. It’s normal.
- Classify all parts into left and right-sided. The right parts are marked “right” or “R” while the left ones are marked “left” or “L.”
- Get the necessary tool for assembly handy. You only require an adjustable wrench, a screwdriver (preferably Phillips), and the hex keys included in the package delivered. To avoid damages, do not use any power tool.
Now you’re set to start. Through these broken-down steps, you’ll be through in a moment.
- First, ensure that the power cord is unplugged. You should then remove the tie securing the vertical wire to the front of the base. Next, let the second person pick up the right upright and hold it near the bottom. Tie a wire securely on the vertical wire’s end and insert it into the right upright’s lower end. Pull the tie wire through the right upright till the vertical wire is out through the top.
- Now lay the right upright near the base and attach the grommet to the square hole on the right upright. Make sure you don’t pinch any wire and press the grommet in. Remove and discard the screw near the ground wire entrance and use a ground screw to attach it to the right upright.
- Hold the right upright onto the base without pinching any wire and attach it. Use two 3/8″ x 2 3/8″ Screws, a 3/8″ x 1 1/4″ Screw, and a 3/8″ x 1 3/4″ Screw. You should use each screw alongside a 3/8″ Star washer. Don’t tighten the screws yet. Use the same procedure to attach the left upright. Note that the left upright doesn’t have a wire.
- Then, pick up the left and right base covers and slide them into the left and right uprights, respectively.
- Fix the left and right handrails uprights. Do not pinch the wire on the right upright. You should always put all the screws before tightening them. Remove unnecessary screws on both handrails and discard them.
- Set the console upside down on a soft surface to avoid scratching it. Remove the four ¼” by ½” screws and save them. Attach the left tray. Start all the four screws, and then tighten them. Make sure you do not overtighten. Repeat the same for the right tray.
- Hold the console assembly near the left and right upright, with the help of the second person. Connect the console wire to the vertical wire. They should slide in swiftly. In case you feel any difficulty sliding them into each other, turn one side and retry. A bad connection can spoil the console. Put the excess wire into the right upright to avoid pinching it while fixing. Using the four screws saved above and four washers attach the console to the handrails. Do not tighten the screws yet.
- Tighten the four screws and four washers into the pulse crossbar. Fix the handrail inserts on both sides.
- Firmly tighten the base screws and then set both inner base covers on to the base’s two sides. Slide them into the base covers.
- Attach the tablet holder and tighten it. Confirm that all the screws and parts are tightened before using the treadmill.
- Place a mat below the treadmill to avoid damaging the floor. For proper and prolonged console functionality, keep it out of direct sunlight. Keep the hex key safely for adjusting the walking belt.
Now, plug in and enjoy your new pro 705; it’s good to go.
How to use iFit coach on ProForm treadmill 705 CST
Let certified personal trainers put your exercise to the next level by taking you around the world. Subscribing to iFit gives you access to an ever-expanding library of limitless workout experiences and an expansive collection of multinational exercises.
Proform 705 CST treadmills are fitted with a tablet holder for easy iFit access. Subscribe to the program through the tablet and connect it to the 705 CST via smart Bluetooth. That’s it! Your trainer will now be able to adjust the speed and incline on your treadmill to match the terrains of preference.
Overall final verdict
Proform 705 CST folding treadmill is a lovely walking and jogging option. We recommend it for trainers who intend to do more walks than jogs. For seniors who’d wish to live healthy after retirement or persons in rehabilitation, this equipment is the way to go.
Its price is reasonable, and it will offer such years of a great experience. You could consider using the saved money in subscribing to iFit for more programs. In whatever case, a walker will feel satisfied with the 22 onboard programs and generally this purchase.
Proform 385ex treadmill Buying Guide
The Proform385EX treadmill is available in two categories: the top quality basic model and the optional Personalized Exercise Display. In this review we look at the Personalized Exercise Display. The Proform rounded exercise machine offers both a vertical and horizontal running surface with a padded foot mat. However, the real innovation is the large multi-purpose wheeled base that allows you to easily change running surfaces and exercise equipment.
With the Personalized Exercise Display, you get a real treadmill console where you can control the Proformoundedex treadmill with your feet. The console also includes an animated avatar of the running surface, which helps you keep track of your performance. This is a great way to learn how to use your Proform 385ex treadmill before you invest in a fully-assembled one. However, this is not part of the approved service agreement. If anything should go wrong then you will have to pay for the repair to the Proformqualified exercise machine.
Work out display
This treadmill offers some great performance data about the treadmill including calorie burning, heart rate, speed, distance, etc. However, the best bit is the workout display. Here you can keep track of your workout in the details including number of calories burned, time and speed. It is very easy to navigate with the large multi-function digital display.
The proform 385ex treadmill has a manual back cover and a battery powered digital heart beat monitor. The manual is very clear and easy to follow. You can easily locate the reset switch, power button and the workout display by reading the labels on the front panel. However, the key issue is that the power switch is located way up on the rear of the treadmill and it’s difficult to reach.
The proform Lund treadmill comes with a comfortable walking belt. The belt is quite soft and allows you to really feel the motion. The leather is supple and makes you feel a lot more comfortable walking on. The overall quality of the Proform Lundex treadmill is outstanding as it’s one of the lightest and most durable treadmills available today. Some reviews have suggested that you can walk up to a speed of 12 miles per hour on this walking belt.
The running deck and foot bed
One of the keys to the reform model is the running deck and foot bed. These are designed to give the smoothest rolling experience. It is a smooth running deck with rubber side grips to offer grip and good traction. The foot bed is made from polycarbonate that’s virtually indestructible. Many reviewers reported that their Proform 385ex walking belts are one of the toughest walking belts on the market.
The Proform385ex treadmill comes with an authorized service warranty card and is easy to find online. The Proform designers strongly recommended that you check your warranty before you start any treadmill workout as there can be problems with the Proformawafts rolling mechanism. Some treadmill models come with limited lifetime warranty coverage, so if there is a problem with the running deck or belt, you may want to consider getting additional extended warranty coverage to cover repairs to the product.
The Proform Lundex Treadmill manual is easy to find online and is jam packed with information regarding this great exercise equipment. You will learn how to adjust all of the functions and many settings that will help you customize the workout experience to your exact specifications. It includes an overview of the operation of the Proform Lundex Treadmill as well as an advanced troubleshooting section that will allow you to track down the problem quickly and easily. The manual also includes some helpful hints for improving your workout with the various workout programs and intervals, as well as how to reset the automatic on/off features. The exploded drawing showing the operational positions of all of the Proform 385ex’s motor parts is also included in this manual. The parts are easily visible and described in easy to understand detail.