Best Recumbent Bicycle for Heavy Person Review In 2021
If you are new to cycling or love it but find it puts too much strain on your body, then looking into a recumbent bicycle can be an excellent investment. Read on for our best recumbent bicycle for heavy person review.
What Is a Recumbent Bicycle?
A recumbent bicycle is a bike that allows you to reap the benefits of cycling without adding stress to your back, knees, or joints. Recumbent bikes are usually stationary, but you can purchase an outdoor recumbent bike to cycle around with.
Recumbent Bicycles vs. Upright Bicycles
Many people mix up stationary recruitment bikes and stationary upright bikes, but the two are different in several ways.
A tall recumbent bike is generally viewed as more comfortable because they offer relaxed seating that is usually very well cushioned. Upright bikes feature a more upright position, with a smaller, less comfy seat. The comfort of working out on a recumbent bike is part of the reason they are so popular.
The pedal location of both bikes also differ. Recumbent bikes have pedals that are positioned in front of your body, while upright bikes have pedals that are right underneath your body.
Basic features of a recumbent bike include
- The seat is larger and more comfortable than your traditional bicycle.
- Your back does not hunch over while riding, so there is less strain on your lower back
- Because your lower back is supported, there is less stress on your joints.
- Recumbent bikes offer a low impact exercise session while providing you with a total body workout.
- Recumbent bikes are generally safer than outdoor cycling because you have a significantly reduced risk of falling, joint strain, or lumbar spine pain.
- A recumbent bike is great for all types of individuals regardless of ability level.
Who Should Purchase a Recumbent Bicycle?
If you enjoy cycling but are at a higher risk for injury on a traditional bike, then a stationary recumbent bike could be an excellent fit for you. You might also benefit from a recumbent bike if you can identify with the following:
- Wanting to build up your leg strength
- Looking to get a full-body workout in without putting undue stress on your body.
- Have joint problems.
Our Pick for the Best Recumbent Bicycle for Heavy Person
While there are many recumbent bikes to choose from, here are two of my favorite bikes that are great for a variety of riders, including the best recumbent bike for obese.
1. Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike
The Marcy Magnetic Recumbent Bike is excellent for a variety of users at different levels of athleticism. The biggest draw for this bike is comfort features. It offers a fully adjustable seat that allows you to find the best fit for your legs.
I’m pleased by the comfortable foam covered handlebars that provide an excellent grip when you are doing a strenuous workout. During a workout, you can adjust the rigor with the 8-preset tension knobs that allow you to up the tension for a more challenging workout or vice versa.
Lastly, I love that this bike also does a great job of incorporating technology. There is an LCD monitor that allows you to see your speed, distance, time, and calories burned during your workout, which is excellent in terms of motivation.
- Great recumbent for those who are just getting started in cycling.
- The streamlined, simple design is not intimidating and easy to set up.
- The fully adjustable seat offers a comfortable experience while cycling.
- The sufficiently padded wide seat allows you to move pressure away from your lower back.
- The LCD screen helps keep you updated on your metrics.
- The magnetic wheel features an 8-preset tension adjustable knob that gives you control over adjusting your workout’s difficulty.
- The pedals are very smooth when you are cycling.
- It’s the best recumbent bike under 300 lbs. capacity.
- Though the transport wheels allow you to move your Marcy Magnetic Bike from one location to another without needing to lift it, this should be done carefully as there is potential for injury.
2. Harison Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike.
Suppose you are looking for the best recruitment bike for a heavy person, athletic person, or a person who is looking for an intense workout. In that case, the Harison Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike might be a good option for you.
This bike features a sleek construction that was built to take on intense workouts. The stainless steel construction can withstand time with its corrosion and oxidation resistance. With a weight capacity of 300-350 lbs, this is the best recruitment bicycle for a heavy person.
What I really like is the range of tension this bike provides. There are 14 different resistant options, all of which are easily adjustable, and you get a smooth stroke with each pedal. There is also the ability to work out your whole body or focus just on strength training.
Although the Marcy Recumbent Bike’s strength is comfort, the Harison takes it a step further with a wide and comfortable padded seat cushion, ergonomic back support, and an iPad and cup holder for added convenience.
- There is a multifunction LCD screen that allows you to keep track of your metrics, including heart rate, RPM, and odometer readings.
- The installation manual and video allow you to set your bike up without much difficulty.
- The bike has a step-through feature that will enable you to get on and off safely.
- Foot straps allow your feet to stay secured while cycling.
- One year warranty covers replacements on certain parts.
- It’s the best recumbent exercise bike 450 lb capacity.
- The standard foot straps may be too short for some users, but longer straps can be ordered.
- Set up and installation can be complicated, though there is tech support available.
Recumbent bicycles are great for low impact, full-body workouts. But as you can see with the recumbent bikes listed above, not all bikes are built the same.
For me, the Harison Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike is a great recumbent bike to invest in because you have a lot more options in terms of resistance. This range of resistance lets you work out your heart and lungs in a total body workout, or it allows you to focus on strengthening your leg muscles if that’s your goal.
While the Marcy Magnetic bike is great for stretching and general resistance, it’s best reserved for riders who are just starting or are looking for a standard recruitment bike.
Nordictrack elite 9500 treadmill